Mackay Fuel Terminal
BB Energy owns the Pioneer Energy fuel terminal at the Port of Mackay (Queensland), purchased from Morgan Stanley in 2017.
The terminal is a modern, best in class operational facility offering several advanced features and technologies that ultimately provide safe, reliable, flexible and highly efficient supply to our customers.
Some specific capabilities of the Mackay terminal
- Latest terminal design and technology
- Diesel dedicated facility
- Largest diesel storage in Mackay. 3 x 25 million litre tanks with inherent supply assurance and security
- ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified
- Only terminal in Mackay that incorporates marine loading arms (MLA) for safe, efficient and fast vessel discharge (3,600 cubic meters per hour)
- 2 bay B-double, simultaneous truck loading gantry with fast loading / turnaround (15-20 mins) for highly efficient distribution
- Fully automated
- On-site laboratory for product testing
- Best in class dewatering and slops handling systems
- Diesel imports through berths 3 and 4, the deepest berthing in Mackay Harbour facilitating cost effective imports